Monday, December 6, 2010

Katy Perry Interview with Primetime Morning : Katy Perry Says No to Image Consultants

Katy Perry Interview with Primetime Morning : Katy Perry Says No to Image Consultants
Katy Perry with the latest single “California Gurls”, is the “It” girl of the moment, the fastest rising single in the United States in more than four years.
Katy Perry
Known for her 1940s retro pin-up style and bold, colourful costumes, Perry who is the daughter of two Methodist pastors, is one of the sexiest, most flamboyant artistes on the scene today.
But is that the work of an image consultant and the result of a well-orchestrated marketing ploy?
“That’s really me!” said Perry with a laugh, during an interview with Primetime Morning on Monday.
“I guess for artistes that are very unique, that you see who have a very consistent personal style, and taste and touch, there’s no person behind it, a puppeteer … [though] it used to be that way.”
However, the vivacious singer, who revealed that she wears ornate little dresses even when not performing, admitted that some people in the industry might have a hard time finding their own style.
“Some of those people that are in pop music who don’t really have an opinion or you don’t really hear them talk a lot; maybe they have these types of people in their life. But for me, I have great people whom I surround myself with,” said the 25-year-old, who was in town for the SINGfest 2010 music festival.
Chief among them is long-time friend and collaborator Johnny Wujek, who had helped Perry realise her style ideas right from day one.
“I’ll have an idea, for instance the whipped cream boobs in the new ‘California Gurl’ music video. He doesn’t have the capacity for no in his vocabulary, so when I say I need whipped cream to come out of my bra; he says ‘We’ll make it happen.’,” Perry gushed.
“He has been my friend for seven years and he has always looked after me whether I have nothing or now that I have these opportunities.”
Visitors to SINGfest will get the chance to see Perry’s specially-designed costumes first hand when she performs on Wednesday night.
“I’m going to do a whole new setup now in Singapore and I am going to basically try to bring California to Singapore,” declared Perry.

No comments:

hit counter