Thursday, January 6, 2011

BBC Wales Nature blog

BBC Wales Nature blog


Snow Patrol

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 05:40 AM PST

Well, I'm on snow patrol today along with my colleague Sue Charles. We're currently watching a deep area of low pressure out over the Atlantic. This will move towards Britain tomorrow pushing a front northwards bringing a mixture of rain, sleet and snow. Met Office Weather warning. So another dose of wintry weather but no where near as bad as before Christmas - just a temporary thing. Most of...

Surf report, 7-9th January

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 02:06 AM PST

I'd thought I'd start the new year by bringing back the occasional surf report and see how we get on so feel free to moan if I'm wrong, or praise me if I'm accurate ;) We've currently got two lows battling it out over the UK - one to the North and a new one on the scene pushing in from the Atlantic, both of which are currently measuring 980 hpa. It's looking tiny out there at the moment but we...

No comments:

hit counter