Monday, December 20, 2010

NoodleFood

NoodleFood

Link to NoodleFood

Facebook Pages: Do You Like?

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 01:00 PM PST

As I've mentioned before, I've created Facebook pages for my ongoing projects. So if you support them, please hit the "like" button to help spread the word about them on Facebook. The two at the top -- for the Rationally Selfish Webcast and OList -- are new.

Rationally Selfish Webcast:



OList:



NoodleFood:



NoodleCast:



FIRM: Freedom and Individual Rights in Medicine:



Explore Atlas Shrugged:



Modern Paleo:



Coalition for Secular Government:



Again, if you support any or all of these projects, please "like" them!

A Plug for Audible

Posted: 20 Dec 2010 07:00 AM PST

As many of you know, I listen to audiobooks regularly. I love classic literature, and I've found that I understand and enjoy it much better when read to me, rather than when I read it myself. Plus, I can consume so much more of my beloved literature when I read what fiction I can via audiobook, then the rest on my Kindle.

Often, I hear people bemoan the expense of audiobooks. They're looking at the crazy-expensive list prices on Amazon and elsewhere, and occasionally buying audiobooks that way. That's a huge waste of money, in my view.

Since 2005, I've had a subscription with Audible.com. That's my sole source of audiobooks. With my super-fancy "Platinum Annual Membership," I get 24 books per year, for just under $10 per book. That's awesome. And they offer lesser subscriptions too, e.g. a $15 per month membership. Even that's so much less than buying audiobooks on CD or through Amazon.

One FREE Audiobook RISK-FREE from AudibleAs it happens, Audible.com is part of the advertising network to which I belong. So I've decided to periodically remind you of how awesome they are -- a subscription or even an individual audiobook would make a great Christmas present, for example -- so that if you decide to purchase an audiobook or a subscription from Audible.com, you can contribute a bit to my work by doing so through me.

With any of the Audible.com links on this post -- or with the one on the blog sidebar, you can enjoy a free 14-day offer of a free audiobook. Sounds good, no?

Activism Recap

Posted: 19 Dec 2010 09:20 PM PST

This week on We Stand FIRM, the blog of FIRM (Freedom and Individual Rights in Medicine):
This week on Modern Paleo Blog, the blog of Modern Paleo:

No comments:

hit counter